[Gocamino] Camino movie with Martin Sheen

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 13 19:23:19 PDT 2010

I thought that they might have created the crisis that way, but I couldn't tell from the clip. I have stopped for breaks on bridges myself and have taken my pack off. But I make sure that I put it down in a secure spot. I remember one such incident on my trip this last May. There was no raging stream, it was just an expressway crossing. I wasn't in the middle, where it could have fallen on the expressway, but on the ramp, which had steep brushy sides. It would have been a tricky, arduous task to try to go down into that thick brush to retrieve a dropped pack.

I can picture a situation in which the hiker is very tired and and not as careful as he/she should be in securing the pack.

Bob S.