[Gocamino] Is there a consensus on easiest way to get from US to St. Jean?

Walt Lersch welersch at acctgsys.com
Thu Jan 14 21:33:41 PST 2010

Ralph,

Clearly, there is no consensus.

In 2008 I did the trip from Portland, OR.

Flew to Paris (landing in early AM).  Took the Air France bus to the train
station and the high speed train to Bayonne (I recall) and the 'local' to
SJPD.  Even made the short connection (ten minutes?) between trains.
Arrived in SJPD late afternoon, in time to get a bed in an alberque.

Flew out of Bilbao (to Paris and on to Portland) for the return trip (the
Guggenheim was awesome!).

I believe I made all of the transportation arrangements from the US via the
internet.  I read/speak little Spanish or French.

One cautionary note.  I had to change my return flight.  As it turns out the
return flight I originally scheduled had not started yet, so working through
that was a real problem, but I did get it worked out.

Buen Camino,

Walt Lersch