[Gocamino] Caminando

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 12 03:59:48 PST 2010

Well well well ..
Since its been several lightyears since Ive seen a PC, I rather forgot how to habla ingles. Or at least thats my story. And Im stickin to it.
The kindness of strangers is ever-present. In Santo Domingo, we hesitated for a moment on a street corner in el casco viejo. A lady stops and asks if we are looking for breakfast, then gives us directions. A man on crutches passing by hears the conversation, and has us follow him. The kindness and care brought tears to my eyes. In Grañon the bartender lady remembered our friends Francisco and his lovely bride Jeanette from this summer. ¨Muy Majos¨, she comments. Que mundo tan pequeño. At the egde of town an anciano tells us to go down this road, its newer and better. I reply the Camino arrow goes the other way, he insits, and of couse, he is right. Every step along the Way is accompanied by the watchfulness of our Spanish hosts.
The weather was rather horizonal yesterday. Snow from the north and from the west. All at force ten. Rethinking the Patagonia R2 jackets sent forward to Elyn in Sahagun. We may be picking these up for use before crossing the Mointes de Leon and Cordillera Cantabrica.
Later. We will go only to Belorado today, and the Albergue Cuatro Cantones. On the Camino. Caminando. Paso a paso. Caminando.
Buen Camino,
Grant
http://www.ElCaminoSantiago.comResources for the Pilgrimage Road to Santiago