[Gocamino] Wishing you all a New Year

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Fri Dec 31 10:54:48 PST 2010

Hello you all,
While I had planned to go to Santiago for the closing of the Holy Door, I decided that I rather leave that door opened in my mind forever.
Instead, I am about to board a plane to Milan, Italy, to hear the two greatest living German opera singers (Waltraute Meier and Nina Stemme) sing in Ruchard Wagner's Walkure at La Scala.  Who could ask for anything more?
I guess I'll  be welcoming the New Year on the air, so to speak.
But I want to wish you all the very best in the coming New Year.  Going to Santiago in 2011 will be, I think, far more meaningful in a personal way that joining in the frenzy of 2010; many of us have started planning to do so.
News:   those of you who have had the pleasure of meeting Mari, the lovely and beautiful woman in charge of the Pilgrims Office for the last decade or so, you'd like to know that she was delivered of a baby boy two days ago. He shall be christened David and surely will be baptized in the Cathedral.  Both mother and child are in excellent health.
Several worthwhile international groups have joined the Associations in requseting that UNESCO declare the Camino a "Patrimony in danger" because of the looming construction and projects that threaten it.  When I get back, in about a week, I will post here the means through which all of us can add our voices and support in a meaningful way.
And meanwhile, do have a super-wonderful New Year.  I'll drink a toast to you all, and to the Camino of life, from the sky.
Hugs!
Rosina