[Gocamino] Christmas in Santiago

hme347 at aol.com hme347 at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 10:09:58 PST 2010

I am visiting Santiago for Christmas on my way through northern Spain and then Portugal.  By the way, A Coruna is a great place to visit if you have time in Galicia.  It is downright chilly weather with intermittent rain, but the city and the Cathedral are as impressive as I remember it from my Camino journey ten years ago.  The Cathedral was quite crowded at the mass I attended this morning.  I am Couchsurfing with a doctoral student from Ourense and his girlfriend from Hungary who took me to restaurants and cafes that I did not have time to discover when I first visited this wondrous city.

Howard Mendes, NYC