[Gocamino] [Santiagobis]

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 13:24:13 PDT 2010

Hi Bob,
Do tell: what list?
At any rate, freetings from  Berlin.... this fascinating, beautiful, indomitable Lazarus-like city.
At the Catholic Cathedral of St. Hedwig there was a special blessing service this morning for about 200 pilgrims going on to Santiago. They came from various parts of Germany and stayed at the Berlin albergues (that are more like, at least, 3-star hotels and are entirely free).
The service and the pilgrims' blessing were hauntingly beautiful.... sung, naturally, and ended on a stunning organ piece apparently composed for the occasion.
The pilgrims are providd with a kit that contains all sorts of vitamins, first-aid things and such. They also contain a bottle with a dropper which I was told is liquid oxygen (?). Apparently putting two drops of the thing undee the tongue boosts the immune system and encourages and prolongs the efficient use of energy.
I'd never have heard of such a thing in my life. I wonder if that's the secret of the famous teutonic energy.  I also wonder if German pilgrims sing and sing as they walk, or bicycle the Camino. They certainly sing and sing when they go around in groups anywhere.
The weather here is in the seventies and gloriously clear, clean and green.
Hugs!
Rosina