[Gocamino] Gocamino administrator?

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 09:58:20 PDT 2010

My prized friend, and fellow Wagnerite, David, most generously undertook to renew the GoCamino list-serv when the earlier GoCamino ones, mostly based through universities, were discontinued.
For years now David, who is an extremely busy professional, has devoted time and effort to maintain the GoCamino list alive and  to monitor it and shield its subscribers  from spam and viral attacks and such.
We all get monthly subscription verifications and the like.
I, for one, am enormously grateful to David for maintaining us together.
The first GoCamino list was initiated by John, who was a professor at a California University, and some fellow colleagues. When John retired, Linda Davidson kept the list going through her affiliation with a Rhode island University, and when Linda moved to Europe we didn't have a list for several months and communicated with one another by sending messages to multiple recipients. At that time American Pilgrims on the Camino was organized, with Kathy Gower (who recently completed an encyclopedia of Medieval pilgrimages) as its president and, I believe, it was then that David, a technological guru, was somehow enlisted to revive the GoCamino list.
Unlike other Camino lists, the GoCamino one  has always been somehow scholarly directed; there aren't too many messages in it about food, socks, and such chatty things. Often one can read erudite and uncommon information containing valuable historical and statistical resources and the like.
I wish I knew how to reach the archives of the older GoCamino lists. There were some messages in them that were absolutely priceless in content. Unfortunately, most unfortunately, I only kept one or two. Sigh!
And, David my dear, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Hugs.
Rosina
Kathy...... where are you?