[Gocamino] Peregrino's passport

Richard Ferguson richard at fergusonsculpture.com
Sat Sep 26 12:04:23 PDT 2009

One comment that I would make about the other Camino routes; the
places to stay may be further apart than you would care to walk in a
day.   Some of the routes require you to walk over 30km (20 miles)
some days!   However, if you walk from Sarria there will be many
places to stay, without long days.  Most probably walk from Sarria in
five days, but if you have medical issues it may be more realistic
and more comfortable to take more time.  I know I spoke to one man
who started in Sarria and said that he could not make it in five
days, and took six days.   He was probably around 30 years old, and
not obviously unfit.   I walked it in four and a half days, after
being toughened up by weeks on the trail, and it was brutal; on one
day, I was so tired that I started shaking during dinner, I was just
exhausted.  Of course, I am sure that some people walk from Sarria in
four days or less and think that it was easy.

Richard