[Gocamino] Fascinating news. Please reply ASAP

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 09:48:51 PST 2009

Hello you all,

In commemoration of the upcoming Xacobean Holy Year,  a New York-based TV production company is planning a documentary on the Camino to be shown on PBS. The preparations are in earnest, (their cameras will be in Santiago at year's end for the opening of he Holy Door), and filming on-site will commence early next year. For the purpose, the producers wish to be in contact with pilgrims from our shores that will be either on the French Camino, or the Primitivo,  sometime in February or  March-April next year The filming crew will accompany such pilgrims part of the way.
A couple in their thirties or forties would be ideal.
So, if you want to be on national TV (or know someone who does) and/or wish to do your bit for the promotion and benefit of the Camino that has given us so very much, do let me know and I'll forward your contact to the producers.
This will be, I think, the very first time that a Camino documentary will be produced in the U.S.A.

For other news, the recent estimates lead the Pilgrims' Office to expect an average of 1,000 Compostela or Certificate seeking pilgrims next year per day and they will be needing volunteers, preferably with knowledge of Spanish, to help out in all sorts of things.

And, again, is anyone from these List-Servs planning to be In Santiago on, or around, New Year's eve?

Hugs!

Rosina