[Gocamino] Dirty Tricks??????

Glenn Jilek guha2005 at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 13:46:45 PDT 2009

Coming into Negreira on a rainy day I noticed a sign saying in English and Spanish..."Albergue Closed".  I also seemed to remember it written on the letterhead of the Hotel Tamera, which some of you might rememeber, advertises 7 km away about their pilgrim rates.  The Brierley Guide also says they are "pilgrim friendly".  Knowing that the albergue there was on the far side of town, perhaps almost 2 km away, and having heard first hand acounts of another albergue being closed because of the dreaded bedbugs, I chose to turn right 50 meters to the hotel.  The rates were very favorable and the room was very nice.  Later that day when the rain ceased and I went out to forage for food, I decided to go to the albergue, where I stayed 4 years ago.  It was OPEN!!!!!  I met other pilgrims who decided to stay at Tamera or the hostel in the middle of the town, Mezquito, because of that sign.  This was the first time in 3 Caminos that I found apparent trickery by to capture the pilgrim business.

Glenn