[Gocamino] A wedding!

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 19:42:04 PDT 2009

I was in O Cebreiro when a traditional Gallego wedding took place. There were friends and relatives in traditional Gallego garb from all over Spain, and the couple was from Vigo. Two college professors, they had done the Camino together, and things must have worked out well. After the ceremony, there were gaiteros playing and everyone danced. Even the wayfaring stranger (quien? yo?) was prevailed upon to participate. This was of course the Camino where I had purposely left my camera with friends in France. Nunca mais. Everything in Galicia seems to be in good cosmic balance and quite life-affirming. Can you imagine getting married in that chapel? What a lovely way to start your life together.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com