[Gocamino] Judging Spanish history from a modern perspective

Linda McInnis mrfsealah at hotmail.com
Sun May 10 03:43:44 PDT 2009

What you say is quite valid, which is why, I think, it is so important to
read histories from many varied perspectives to at least try to get a
clearer picture of what might have actually happened.  Because, after all,
history is always written through the eyes and opinion of someone trying to
re-create it.  And even if there are "eye-witness" accounts of events, those
accounts are always told through the beliefs and preferences of the
observer.  I appreciate all the recommendations here and hope to be able to
work through them as life and time permit.

Thank you all so much,

Linda in Colorado