[Gocamino] more suggested reading?

Melissa West mswest at sonic.net
Thu May 7 12:58:57 PDT 2009

Hello peregrinos/as--
I've been following the mata-whatever trail with interest, and now have
a good list of books to read re: the period around 1492.

Does anyone have good suggested reading about the Spanish Civil War?  A
few books have been mentioned, but I'd appreciate hearing about more.

Also, a family friend was a journalist in the 1930s-1940s, and as I
recall her stated claim to fame was that she interviewed Franco for
some newspaper; chances are it was a New York paper. but I'm not
positive.  I've done some online searches, but haven't found anything.
Her name was Paula LeClerk (also not sure of the spelling; might have
been LeClerq).  If anyone has any leads on this story, I'd appreciate
it!  And apologies for the vagueness of this question.  The last time I
saw her I was around five, and that was many years ago!

Thanks in advance--

Melissa
Melissa West
816 Hanover Street