[Gocamino] Camino situation

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Sun May 3 01:18:12 PDT 2009

Javier Martin from Spain regularly posts news and up-dates on the industrial
developments along the various caminos in Spain on the
pilgrimage-to-santiago.com forum.
He is part of an organisation that acts as a watchdog to preserve 'attacks'
on the caminos.
In 2007 the AGACS (*Advisory Committee of Patrimony of the Xunta of Galicia)
*won a major victory by challenging and halting a huge consortium that had
started destroying the Eucalyptus forrests arounbd Pino and Lavacolla for
development.  Now the consortium has to repair the damage done.  You will
find photos here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=73924&id=605733164&l=808936ab28
Other development plans that will destroy parts of various camino trails
include:

The new motorway Lugo-Santiago that would cross the Camino in 5 places -
including the Montes de Oca.

A new road over the camino routes near Cee, on the Camino to Fisterra.
Yesa, in the Aragones.

Another 15000 new houses between Pamplona and the Alto del Perdon.

On the Camino Catalan, just beside Montserrat.

--
Sil
http://amawalker.blogspot.com/