[Gocamino] Camino with kids

Janet Burgos sigburgos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 13:51:32 PDT 2009

Hi Katie,  I have to agree with Glenn, walking the camino with small
children would not be advised, there are many places where you would need to
*carry *the stroller and the tot, plus the 9mo old baby, and all your
supplies.  Even with a strong husband and a strong back it would be very
difficult. I am a mother and a teacher/preschool director and can not
imagine the small children enjoying the trip.  My advice is to wait until
the children are able walk at least 8 - 10 miles a day *on their own* and
show a great interest in this type of activity.  Have you thought about
where you would get supplies for the 9 mo old, i.e diapers? And *please* do
not try to take some one's precious drying space with diapers, space is
scarce!  The love for the camino should take a second to your love for your
children.  Sorry, Dear, I just can not encourage such an undertaking, but I
do understand your love for the camino.  Best regards,  Janet