[Gocamino] inactive forum

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 05:14:35 PST 2009

You need to click on 'Reply to All' is you want the post to go to GoCamino.
The problem, as I see it, is that GoCamino is based on the American
Pilgrim's website and does not allow you to search old questions - like
Santiagobis or Pilgrimage-to-Santiago.  This is the most acive camino
forum with multiple posts every day right across all the specific topics
from an Introduction slot, 13 routes in Spain, 5 in France and 11 topics
related to all routes.  They have over 3000 members (obviously not all
active all of the time!) who started with the forum about 5 years ago, were
dormant for a while and then return as active members when they start
planning their next camino.
The forum has a cloth badge that will identify members when walking a
camino.  Very sociable, chatty, has a number of moderators but very rarely
needs any intervention and the founder, Ivar Revke, is presently setting up
a Pilgrim Centre in Santiago that will offer many services to the pilgrims,
inlcuding storage facilities for parcels posted ahead.  Very useful since
the Correos started keeping goods for only 2 weeks in Santiago.
Sil

--
Sil
http://amawalker.blogspot.com/