[Gocamino] Walking in the Holy Year

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 01:01:31 PST 2009

We have had a lot of people phone and email us about walking in the Holy
Year.  Although they know that there will be overcrowding and pressure on
accommodation, some can't change to another year or month.
Walking in the Holy Year is special and the vibe is more like a celebration
than meditation!   What we have suggested to people is that they reserve
beds ahead of time where they can.
There is a Camino Travel Centre in Santiago that will book rooms for you,
store excess luggage for up to 60 days, make train and flight reservations
for you. For the larger hotels in the larger cities, they can book via their
booking system with commission included.  For the smaller pensions/hostels
that are not in the booking system they add on a booking fee.  So the price
they quote you os the price of the room and their fee.
Its worth having a look at if you are going to be walking one of the more
popular routes.  If you would like the contact details of the centre, please
let me know.
Sil
www.csjofsa.org.za

http://amawalker.blogspot.com/