[Gocamino] Jerkeling's book "I'm off then"

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 18:24:05 PDT 2009

I just finished the book last night.?
?
I liked it very much also, made me want to be on the Camino right now. He starts off kind of light, but as the book goes on he gets more philosophical. That tone probably reflects his own feelings on the camino, as he has time to think and slow down, he can look at the big topics of life in a more profound way.?
?
His description of the church on 170-171 made a lot of sense to me, especially in the context of those alienated from the church for one reason or another.?
?
I liked the idea of "Asking the Universe" for what you want and need. I think that I did the same thing, except that I asked people; easier for me to do than for him, as my Spanish is better than his.?
?
Interesting to me that he seems to see and feel the benefits of going on the Camino in real time; I did not fully appreciate the Camino until months after I got home.?
?
It is pretty easy to see why this book is so popular, perhaps especially among those who are not religious but are drawn in a spiritual direction.?
?
Richard?