[Gocamino] Fw: Re: July 25th, 2009

Bridget Highfill highbell at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 1 10:53:09 PDT 2009

i just left the camino.  while the albergues were being well used, i never had a problem with finding  a bed until triacastella.  there were albergues filling up and lines to check in at ponferrada as well.  all of this started because i was in ponferrada about 10 days before the feast day.  also, at triacastella, sarria, and samos many people choose to start their caminos.  i do not begrudge them bacause we all have to start where and when we have the time for the camino. at triacastella, i chose to leave the lines and worry of  finding a bed in the public albergues and reserved in the private albergues.  it worked out nicely.   however, i would not suggest doing this unless you know that things will be crazy busy.  i missed the public alberques.  there was still friendship in the private alberques, but with less people, it was slightly more isolated.
unless you also worship the sun god, you should think of doing most of your walking between the hours of 6:30 and 13:00.  the sun isnt even up untill about 7 am and the hottest part of the day is from 15:00 to 18:00.  if you are going in winter, fall or spring then you can disregard the sun advice.
bridget