[Gocamino] Camino Aragon

Glenn Jilek guha2005 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 04:27:04 PDT 2009

When I was walking along the Yesa Reservoir, I noticed a lot of grafitti in the villages that said "NO YESA".  I did not know what that was refering to, but yesterday in an Albergue, I saw a petition stating that the reservoir could be expanded to wipe out part of the Camino Aragon an those villages.  Since I had recently walked that route, I took the petition around to those in the albergue to sign.  I don´t know if any of you would know how we in the US could help.  Maybe signing an electronic petition.

Also, on a related Camino Aragon topic.  Guide books in at least 3 languages really down play the state of the Tiebas refugio as being rather primitive.  I stayed there and found it to be one of the best ones I´ve stayed at in  3 Caminos.  It is small, but is like an efficiency apartment.  Clean with a kitchette...3 bunk beds with room for 4 on the floor.  The bar in town is large and bright, but is closed Monday afternoon.  I was lucky to be there Tuesday when a semi trailer truck converted into a super mercado parked in back of the refugio.  I shared a wonderful time with 3 other interesting peregrinos there.

Glenn