[Gocamino] Starting just on the French side?

Tim tim at errecaldia.com
Mon Sep 15 23:22:32 PDT 2008

Hi Richard,
    Just a word of introduction.  I am Tim Proctor, I run a Bed and
Breakfast operation in St Jean Pied de Port.  I am British by origin but
live in SJPdP.  Why are you looking at flying into Madrid if you want to
start from France?  I know that flights into Paris tend to be expensive
but you can route yourself through London, Amsterdam or Frankfurt to
name but three.  From London you have the two biggest low cost airlines
in Europe, RyanAir and Easyjet operating out of Stansted, and in the
case of Easyjet Gatwick.  There is a link bus that connects the three
London Airports.  You could also look at flying into Bordeaux from
London, Frankfurt, or Amsterdam or flying into Pau from all three as
well.  The Spanish option is not good in many ways, for historic reasons
the rail links between the two countries are poor (different gauges of
track) and Madrid is a long way South of where you want to be, it's not
even very good for getting to SJPdP.
    I hope that helps.
Regards
Tim