[Gocamino] Letonia

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 08:31:33 PDT 2008

Here is an informative and very interesting message received from a list-member.

hi rosina?
?
letonia is latvian. 'the letts' , lituania i think would be lithuanian as you mentioned. lithuania & latvia are very closely related. (linguistically cousins/sisters). hence the similarity in translation.?
?
my mother is from latvia and i have noticed that french & spanish & maybe german also call us 'letts' or something similar. i'm not sure which language group (romance, germanic, anglo) dubbed us 'letts' but it seems to refer to us latvians.?
?
tinuviel?
?
?