[Gocamino] [Santiago_Bicicleta] 1951 Camino de Santiago

Patrick Van Breusegem patrick.van.breusegem at telenet.be
Sun Nov 16 15:21:03 PST 2008

Grant,

Léon Degrelle was a Belgian politician who collaborated with the Germans
during the second world war. He joined the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS, made
it to Standartenführer and received the Ritterkreuz from Hitler's hands.
Belgium convicted him of treason and condemned him to death.
He found asylum in Spain and - due to active support by Franco - was never
extradited to Belgium and eventually got the spanish nationality. He was
also a negationist.

With kind regards,

Patrick