[Gocamino] Camino costs?

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Mon May 19 09:23:49 PDT 2008

A couple of years ago an Archconfraternity group made a study of the available information and concluded that the average cost of the Camino for pilgrims came to an Euro per kilometer walked.... presupposing that pilgrims would stay in the albergues. Today, an additional 3 Euros per day would have to be added to the estimate, since that has become the cost of the albergues. Everything else (food, supplies, etc., ) has, remarkably, remained the same.
Those of us from the USA would need to translate the Euros estimate into U.S. dollars by a multiple of 1.70; this computation will be made easier in the summer?if, as expected, the Euro does rise?to $2.

Regards,

Rosina