[Gocamino] First Camino Travel From US

Walt Lersch welersch at acctgsys.com
Sun Mar 30 23:23:36 PDT 2008

Hi,

I may have met some of you at the "Gathering" a few weeks ago in Santa
Barbara.  I am trying to get my travel plans organized for an early may
starting.

What is the suggested arrival point by air from USA?

My research shows if you arrive in Paris, take the TGV from Paris to Bayonne
and then a 'local' train from Bayonne to ST. Jean Pied de Port.  Comments or
suggestions.

For reasons best understood by the Lord, I am contemplating departing via
Bilbao.  Probably so I can visit the Guggenheim.  No, I am not a museum
freak or art fanatic.  However, I sometimes do pay attention to His gentle
prodding.  Comments or suggestions?

Travel from Santiago or Finisterre (I haven't made up my mind) to Bilbao?
Comments or suggestions?

Thanks ...Walt Lersch