[Gocamino] the camino in an unexpected place

Melissa West mswest at sonic.net
Tue Mar 25 10:47:52 PDT 2008

Hi all--
I was amazed and amused this week to find reference to the Camino in a
most unexpected place.
I received a piece of junk mail --sorry, an unsolicited advertisement--
from American Express, offering me a credit card that would amass
travel miles.  The brochure was shaped like an international passport,
and the inside covers were a jumble of overlapping passport stamps.
And all by itself, up in the upper left corner, the only stamp not
partially obscured by others, was the refugio stamp of San Juan de
Ortega!
I like to think the graphic designer who worked on this piece has
walked the Camino, and this was his or her own private reference.

Melissa
Melissa West
1190 24th Street
Oakland, CA  94607