[Gocamino] Alberque in Merida

John Hussey highwayfl at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 00:48:27 PDT 2008

Coming from the south, the albergue is directly on the river, on the left 3-4 blocks after you cross the Roman bridge. I was pleased to find it as it was not listed in my new guide at all. It had been modernized from an old bakery, as I recall, and the facilities were quite nice. The hospitalero was "Juan" when i went through some months ago and he was most helpful. Merida is  amazing with all its roman ruins and I enjoyed wandering around the city. But, the hospitalero left about  8:30 - 9:00 PM, as I recall and locked the door. He would give the key to any pilgrim being out later than that. So, if you arrive after the door is locked, just knock and wake a pilgrim up to open it for you then register the following morning when the hospitalero arrived. Price was 6 euros, quite a bargain, but you must have your credential.