[Gocamino] Walking in April, Thank yous

Suzanne da Rosa darosa at sonic.net
Sat Mar 22 08:55:49 PDT 2008

Thanks to all who sent me information on trains & buses, as well as the
weather warnings and advice.

This is my second Camino - the first, walked with my daughter in 2003, and I
am walking this one alone and with whomever I meet along the path, and of
which I am looking forward to.

There isn't a day, since my last Camino that I haven't thought of it and am
grateful to be able to walk again this year.

Here is my blog, which I have just re-started, it includes stories and
picture from our last walk-

Here is the link, which I will be updating as I go along

http://caminopilgrimage.blogspot.com/

on another note, regarding Rosina's eloquent emails about Semana Santa in
Seville -  I live in Mexico in San Miguel de Allende where they re-enact
these same passion plays, beginning weeks ahead with the bringing of Senor
de las columnas in an overnight pilgrimage to San Miguel from Atotonilco -
even if you aren't a believer, it is an incredibly moving experience to be
in the middle of so much faith and love, even if for only a moment.

My daughter and I import Mexican Folk Art - a by product of her moving to
Mexico in the mid 90's and which has brought me to live in Mexico.  As a
non-practicing Catholic, I am continually surprised at myself how these
rituals and images of love and faith move me so much.  The only thing that
has moved me as much as these public displays of faith and love has been
walking the camino - I would say, number one on my list of most meaningful
things I have done in my life.

I didn't mean to go on, but couldn't help it after seeing the videos of
Semana santa.

Would be happy to share our photos/links to our tales from the road which
include many such festivals in Mexico

Suzanne da Rosa