[Gocamino] Pilgrims Office

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 13:55:53 PDT 2008

Hello you all,
Most uncharacteristically, the Pilgrims Office in Santiago remained close today until well into the afternoon.
The reason for such unusual occurrence was the hoped-for, but not-really-expected, victory of Spain over Italy yesterday on a quarter final game of the European Cup.? You see, it has been 24 years since Spain last advanced to quarter finals.? Also, over the last 15 years or so Spain has lost every significant international Match played on June 22, yesterday's date.... therefore, it is quiet understandable that our friends in Santiago, and all over Spain, were celebrating until?early this morning and rendered the entire country to a?semi-stand-still condition.
Spain will play a semi-final against Russia next Thursday.... if they win I guess anyone that wanders?into the Pilgrims Office on Friday?will be able to get a Compostela..... that is, if? the office opens at all.?
Well,... here's hoping.

Cheers!

Rosina

?