[Gocamino] Albergues needed

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 11:13:07 PDT 2008

Hello you all,

Both principal Galician newspapers are chockfull of reports about the need for albergues in the environs of Finisterra. Recently, at any one time, there has been a need for at least three times the beds available in the albergues there, and this situation has given rise to many inhabitants of the region becoming impromptu entrepeneurs in offering accomodations to pilgrims for a price.
The authorities, both civil and ecclesiastical, are concerned because private, unregistered, ?accomodations are under no suervision and, therefore, not obligated to maintain any standards, sanitary or otherwise.
The municipal authorities are quite predisposed to entertain, and help with, any applications for the establishment of proper pilgrim albergues i the environs.

I've accepted an invitation to go to Santiago for the big 25th of July celebrations and for a homage festivity in honor of Roselia de Castro, the celebrated Galician poet, in the town of her birth, Padron.? I will probably arrive the 21st. of July and will remain until de 27th. If there is anything that I can inquire about, or get, for any of you while I'm there, just let me know.

Hugs!

Rosina?