[Gocamino] [saintjames] Clarity on Credentials

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Fri Jan 25 11:29:25 PST 2008

Hello you all,
>From 2009 on the only credentials that will be recognized for the purpose of staying in the Xacobeo-sponsored albergues will be the official accordion-like credential issued by the Archdiocese and affiliates. Those pilgrims that come from,? say, Vienna, will use the Jacobsweg credential for the public albergues outside of Spain, but once they reach Roncesvalles, or Somport, they will have to get the "official" one to gain access to the non-private albergues in Spain.
Of course, those pilgrims that will not be using the public albergues needn't worry about this or that credential.?
You will remember that the purpose of the requirement is to stem the flood of pseudo-pilgrims seeking to use the public albergues that has caused so many problems over the last few years and deprived so many bona fide pilgrims of albergue facilities.

Hugs!

Rosina