[Gocamino] Poem Translation

John Hussey highwayfl at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 12:35:09 PST 2008

Caroline:
You might be correct in your interpretation of the
Spanish word 'oculta', as used in this context. But
that is what makes any literal translations from one
language to another to be just tenuous, at best,
usually just a best guess of the translator.
regardless, that is what i wrote into my journal the
morning as I was getting ready to head north again
after waiting there a few days to heal my feet. Anf
the albergue was not even in my guide. I discovered it
quite by accident as I was hobbling into the city from
the old roman bridge.