[Gocamino] (no subject)

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 15:38:25 PST 2008

Hello you all,
Thank you for your interest and your many messages.  I guess I owe an explanation:
Disgusted  by the monumental mediocrity of the US body politic, candidates, voters and the press, as demonstrated in the recent presidential election, I decided to imitate Ralph Waldo Thereau and remove myself from such annoyance.
As evidenced by recent events,   stunning mediocrity is the terrible price to be paid for the candy of political equality... and, as H.G.Wells wrote, it is one of the great dangers confronting Western Civilization......
And there's nothing to do about it but to follow the example set by the author of Walden Pond. And so.  I have given up reading newspapers and news magazines and watching news on TV or the internet.
After several weeks of this new discipline I've finally trained myself to read only the Arts section of the New York Times and Opera and Ballet News.  I watch only PBS on TV (and Lifetime, of course), and I think I can now open a computer without sliding into the same old news and current events miasma.

An d so: there have been many changes at the Pilgrims Office in Santiago. Almost everyone is new, and, as a result of the turnover, such things like the compilation and posting of  statistics have fallen behind.... but here are some comparative data  that show the relentless increase in the number of pilgrims.

MESES DE LA PEREGRINACIÓN

AÑO 2006

AÑO 2007

AÑ
O 2008

ENERO

314

350

306

FEBRERO

351

666

703

MARZO

1093

1680

5328

ABRIL

7438

8112

5655

MAYO

9992

12898

15988

JUNIO

12946

15157

15860

JULIO

18560

20108

20983

AGOSTO

25968

27140

29733

SEPTIEMBRE

13451

15189

17283

OCTUBRE

7661

9434

9871

NOVIEMBRE

1755

2496

2300

DICIEMBRE

848

796

SIN DATOS

TOTAL

100377

114026

124010

I've a lots of other interesting news to convey..... and wll do so in a follow-ip message, I promise.

Hugs for now.

Rosina.