[Gocamino] RE: [saintjames] Re: "pack weight" — a rant — addendum

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 08:56:23 PDT 2008

I have a superlight June-July-August lashup that weighs in at 4 kilo. That includes everything but the typical 'clothes on my back': WITH camera, memory, mini tripod, 2 weeks of vitamins, sunglasses, a first aid kit I'll never use, a typical day's worth of trail mix, etc. It would be folly to use this as an October/onward kit, and possibly marginal in September. Everything in life is contextual. A number of pilgrims at the Santa Barbara Gathering have seen it; it's a think-outside-the-box real world approach. Some ultralight thesises are flawed in my view, but then again, mine works for me and possibly not for others. I've meant to make a short YouTube with weights and commentary on all the contents, but have not gotten around to it. My main concern is being denied lodging because of a 'real pilgrims have heavier packs' argument from a hospitalero. There just ain't pleasin' some folks.

Ligero Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com