[Gocamino] [Santiagobis] Re: "pack weight" — a rant

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 15 07:58:09 PDT 2008

Richard,

You bring up an important point. The DVD, "Within the Way Without,"
illustrates that very well, with the man from the Netherlands walking
in winter, the poetess from Japan doing it in the spring, and the
young woman from Brazil going in the summer.

I have to face that problem this fall. I will be crossing the Pyrenees
about mid-September, the same as I did in 2003, so I have some idea
what to expect in Spain, but after the walk, I plan to go to
Birmingham to compete in the British Indoor Rowing Championships at
the end of October. (Yes they have Geezer categories, even on up past
my age into the 90s.) I have no experience with British weather at any
time of year, but I expect it to be on the cold side and all I will
have with me will be my camino pack. My schedule is too nebulous at
this point to try to send stuff there ahead of  time, so I may end up
spending some of my weak dollars in Brum to dress for the British fall
weather.

By the way, if anyone on these forums has recommendations for getting
from SdeC to Birmingham, I would like to hear them. Since I can't pin
down an arrival date in Santiago this early in the game, I will
probably have to make my arrangements after I get there.

Bob S.