[Gocamino] Notes from the Via de la Plata

B'midbar bmidbar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:44:39 PDT 2008

The Via de la Plata certainly doesn't have the infrastructure or the
capacity that the Camino Frances does.  That being said, I'd recommend
looking at what the volume on that route has looked like in years past,
compare that to the overall volume growth in recent years and extrapolate
from there.

The albergues are fewer and farther in between, and most of them only have
capacity for a half dozen inviduals or so except for the facilities in some
of the larger cities (Seville, Merida, Caceres, Salamanca, Zamora) so it's
hard to say.

Personally, on the Via de la Plata I don't see a "real upsurge" happening.
I'd wager the Spanish will be preparing in advance for the opportunity
though.

Regards, Nev