[Gocamino] (no subject)

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 09:06:42 PDT 2008

Hi Mary Ann,
I don't know anything?at all about books of fiction, and except for Jane Austen and the classics, I never?read them. It seems to me that factual history is ever so much more interesting.
As I remember, in the Santiago Cathedral's book store they have history-based books for children such as the building of the Medieval Cathedrals, with plenty of cartoon-like drawings, the history of the Cistercians, of Saint Francis of Assisi, of Maestro Mateo,?and many other similar books prepared for children.
They also have a fictional one about a swallow that flew over the Camino, called "Paloma Peregrina" or something like that.
In Rua Vilar (where the Pilgrims' office is) there is a large bookstore called San Pablo that has an entire section devoted to books for children. Since the store is quasi-religious in tenor the books are equally so.
Mostly unnoticed? by pilgrims there is a fascinating book store at the San Martin Penario seminar. The store has a street-level door, to the left of the Seminar's main entrance, and specializes in historical and religious books; as I remember, they have a section devoted to children making their first communion.
Neither the Seminar's book store nor the Cathedral's has a website, but I think that the San Pablo one does have?one. (I doubt that Amazon would carry what you are looking for).
Let me know if any of the books mentioned above interests you? and I'll have it sent over.
Hugs!
Rosina