[Gocamino] via de plata in winter

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 10:38:58 PDT 2007

Dear Nancy
If you can, try to time yourself so you are at Fuenterroble de Salvatierra for Christmas Eve/Christmas or Three Kings Day.
Don Blas, the parish priest whose house you stay at there, is a man of great heart and big charm, and he takes good care of his pilgrims. You will likely be the only one, which means you may end up riding along in his rattletrap furgoneta as he makes his rounds to the parishes to say Mass (and feast at all the stops along the way!)
We´ve hospitalero-ed there a couple of times, and have always been given the full Spanish Royalty treatment. I can´t think of a better place to be on the Via de la Plata on a holiday!
Rebekah

Rebekah Scott
www.moratinoslife.blogspot.com