[Gocamino] Santiago news 2

HMe347 at aol.com HMe347 at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 14:56:20 PDT 2007

In a message dated 9/13/2007 2:48:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
blaroli at aol.com writes:

There is  a report in the Voz de Galicia about the romantic effect of the
Camino on many  pilgrims who have met there, dated, and even married. Some
pilgrims have, in  fact, chosen to walk the Camino as their Honeymoon. One such
couple, who  arrived in Santiago a few days ago, declared that they had reasoned
that if  they could overcome the difficulties and challenges of the Camino
together  they could also face whatever problems of married life.

I just returned from Canada where I attended the August 11, 2007 wedding of
Anne-Christine Loranger and Andreas Schultz.  They are dear friends of mine
who met on the Camino with me in 2000.  They have been living in Dresden,
where Andreas is from, since they met.  I have been their guest for two  visits
with them, the most recent this past May.

Also at the wedding were Nathalie and Oscar who met on the Camino, got
married, and now live in Montreal, where Nathalie is from, with their one  year old
son.  Oscar is from Madrid.

The wedding reception was held at the Domaine de la Templerie a  beautiful
country inn with a connection to the Knights  Templar.  See:
_http://www.domainedelatemplerie.com/domain.html_
(http://www.domainedelatemplerie.com/domain.html)

Howard Mendes
NYC