[Gocamino] Oooof!

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Wed Sep 12 08:50:54 PDT 2007

When I was in Germany and Austria a couple of weeks ago I withdrew money from my, European-based, bank in NY through ATMs. Translating?the Euros received with the dollars charged shows that the exchange rate used was a little more than 1.43 US? Dlls. per Euro.? Using credit cards increases the?dollar value of the Euro since different banks use different rates and, in addition, charge a "foreign transaction" fee.??
The economic gossip that I heard, from Australians and New Zealanders attending the Bayreuth Wagner Festival, is that the financial consensus in their part of the world?is that the dollar ?will continue to fall and may reach an official exchange rate of $1.50 per Euro by the end of the year.
Fortunately, the Xunta and the various authoritative groups that oversee the Camino are clamping down?on abuses of pilgrims.? The Galician newspapers frequently carry reports of prosecutions because of overpricing of "Pilgrims menus" and the like.? Those who would use the word "Pilgrim" to advertise their goods and services must obtain fiscal authorization to do so, which requires that their prices for the goods and services so advertised be?lower?than ordinary commercial ones.?

Hugs!

Rosina