[Gocamino] [saintjames] Re:Two Sellos per Etapa for a Compostela

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Sun Sep 9 08:11:58 PDT 2007

It is simple and easy to avoid?receiving negative and would-be provocative e-messages?from those who seem to be compelled to send them repeatedly. Just lock the e-address of such senders out of? your computer.? I have done so and no longer receive them. I think we can all distinguish between honest and civil dissenting comments, which are welcome and refreshing, and those pointedly anti-something and subliminally meant to attack. If such messages?do not provoke the reactions hoped for the incentive to send them may cease.

Meanwhile..... the fares to be charged by the Vatican-run Mistral airline will reportedly be below cost, since the enterprise will be church-subsidized.? You can get more information about it by going to the Vatican's official Web-site :? www.vatican.va?? which is in Italian, English, German, Portuguese, Spanish and French.? They have something called an "internet office" for communications where one can send requests for information.

It?does not seem likely that the?150 million religious pilgrims in 2006?mentioned by Cardinal Riani were oinly Catholics. That would mean that more than one in every ten of us makes a religious pilgrimage. But when one thinks of the 10 or 15 million that make the pilgrimage to Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City each year, and the millions who travel to Saint Peter in Rome, it might be possible.? Curiously, the millions of pilgrims who do go to the little Brasilian town in the mountains to visit Nuestra Senhora Aparecida ?were not mentioned by the Cardinal.? I was there once (it is kind of hard to get to), on a regular mid-week day,?and was bowled over by the size of the Basilica ?and the crowds and crowds without end.

The other airline that will begin to land in Lavacolla this month, Pyrenair, is based in Huesca and specializes in what we would call "charter" flights which, they have said, will concentrate in carrying religious groups to Santiago, and other religious places of interest, at the lowest cost possible.

Hugs!

Rosina