[Gocamino] Pavarotti in Obradoiro

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 02:27:14 PDT 2007

I count among this year´s great musical losses
Mstislav Rostropovich, the cellist of a lifetime and
another ambassador of international goodwill. Back in
the day, he told me (I was covering music then, of all
things!) he came back to Toledo, Ohio every concert
season because he loved the town and its people so
much!

It´s true, music reaches people and places diplomacy
will never penetrate. Maybe someone should airlift a
blues band, a couple of coloratura sopranos, and a
cellist into Iraq and Afghanistan?

Rebekah Scott
www.moratinoslife.blogspot.com