[Gocamino] Logistics Help

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Wed Sep 5 08:47:47 PDT 2007

Easiest way:  Fly Iberia from Newark, or JFK, directly to Pamplona. Stay a day or so in Pamplona enjoying the lovely city and getting time-adjusted.  Take the pilgrims' bus to Roncesvalles arriving on time to get your credential and attend the Pilgrims' blessing.  After the service, share a taxi with a few other pilgrims to SJPP (it'll cost about 15 Euros). Spend the night there and commence the pilgrimage the next morning.
If you fly Iberia and complete the pilgrimage in a manner that you may obtain the Compostela, Iberia will give you a 50% off ticket from Santiago to Madrid. Better yet, getting an Iberia round-trip ticket NY-Pamplona, Santiago-NY tends to be much less expensive. If you are unsure of your return date, you can always change it once in Santiago for about $100 Euros. However, if you are a Compostela-awarded pilgrim Iberia may waive the change-of-date charge; they have done so with me four times.
I know that many travelers are pretty hung up in seeking airplane tickets, etc., in the internet. Myself, I swear by my travel agent.... anytime, perhaps because she knows Iberia inside and out.  (I'll give you the name of the agency, if you wish).
Regards,

Rosina
  (back in New York.... bah, humbug!)