[Gocamino] experience at another pilgrimage destination

Donald Schell donaldschell at saintgregorys.org
Mon Oct 22 06:14:52 PDT 2007

friends,

This morning EpiscopalCafe, an on-line magazine from the Episcopal
Diocese of Washington features on article I wrote on the experience
of helping lead a music workshop at St. Paul's Chapel, New York City,
the Ground Zero pilgrimage site (a million and a half visitors a
year).  Making music (unaccompanied singing) together in that setting
with its steady stream of visitors - some genuinely pilgrims, some
tourists was an incredible experience and I know that having been at
Pilgrim's Mass at Santiago helped me see and understand what was
happening for the 400 people an hour who wandered through, stopped,
thought, prayed and sometimes joined our singing.  The article is at

http://www.episcopalcafe.com/daily/public_work_at_groundzero.php#more

Have a look.  Does it remind you of some of the experience of Santiago?

love,
donald