[Gocamino] bay area camino "alums"

Michael Barham mbarham1975 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 23:03:12 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I am looking for four or five people who are willing
to be interviewed about their experience as a pilgrim.
 If you live in the Bay Area, or are willing to have a
phone interview, read on....

My name is Michael Barham, and I am a student in the
doctor of ministry program at Church Divinity School
of the Pacific, which is the Episcopal seminary at the
Graduate Theological Union.  I walked the Camino in
2001 from St. Jean in France, and again with friends
in 2003, from Villa Franca del Bierzo.  My current
studies have been inspired by my experiences, and so I
find myself able to explore pilgrimage for my study.

I would like to interview up to five people to begin,
on a very small scale, to understand some particular
aspects of the camino as a religious act of Christian
spirituality.  My hope is to complete the interviews
in the next two weeks.

Specifically, I am hoping to talk to pilgrims who:
a) walked, cycled or rode horseback to Santiago,
b) took fourteen or more days walk/cycle/ride
horseback,
c) began the pilgrimage with some sense of Christian,
religious and spiritual identity or purpose, and
d) lived to tell about it.

I imagine taking no more than an hour, and am happy to
buy a cup of tea or coffee for those who are willing
to meet in person.

Please let me know if you are interested in
s"formally" sharing your story with me by emailing me
at mbarham1975 at yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance!

Peace,
Michael Barham