[Gocamino] Santiago concert in NY cont'd

Melissa West mswest at sonic.net
Wed Oct 10 13:53:54 PDT 2007

If you like this music, you should also check out the many recordings
of Hesperion.  (They record and play under several other names as
well.)
Jordi Savall plays the viola de gamba (the cello-like instrument bowed
from the bottom), and all the musicians play ancient instruments.
Their recordings range from ancient chants of Galicia and Catalunya to
17th century dance.
You can find out more about them at  http://www.alia-vox.com/

I listened to their music a lot before doing my pilgrimage, and they
capture the mood and spirit well.