[Gocamino] Magical Music Moment at the cathedral at Santiago

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 12:36:53 PDT 2007

We finished the Portuguese route from Porto about a week ago, and found
Santiago to be a much more bustling place than our last time there in 2001.
The weather was great - sunshine, and crowds of pilgrims and tourists
filling the streets. Coming from Portugal, we had had a relatively short
walk, and the Portugal route keeps you busy looking for waymarks, and
looking out for cars, so we enjoyed the liveliness of Santiago. Some of the
pilgrims walking around were looking a little shell shocked, and I can
remember feeling the same way after walking the French Way, and dealing with
crowds of people, flashes going off in the cathedral, and so on. Plus, it
was raining. This time it was a pleasure to explore the city. We were
walking around late at night, as a pilgrim friend Ula described it, like
chickens, looking up and around at everything. Over one of the cathedral
doors is carved a group of musicians, and they were the inspiration for some
live singers we heard that night. I put some of the pictures and a snippet
of the music into a blog entry which I think you will enjoy. You will have
to hit the play button to hear the music. The other blog entries are not
camino related.
http://timecheck00.blogspot.com/2007/10/moment-of-music-night-at-cathedral-in.html

--
Ralph Alcorn