[Gocamino] Religion and the Camino

Teri papergirl426 at msn.com
Mon Oct 1 13:33:18 PDT 2007

I am Catholic, but originally started my Camino planning as a "long trip". By the time I embarked I was marking "religious" on my documents. As I was on the Camino my faith deepened and deepened with each day's "miracle". The original purpose of the Camino was Catholic in its origin. Now it ranges from the original 9th century definition of "Pilgrimage" to the 21st century's "big hike". I think for most it deepens or introduces faith, at least in the form of humanity to hundreds of thousands a year. Whatever it's classification - it's still doing it's original job...don't you think? I'm forever changed by the experience.

(Back less than a week and still basking in the glow)Teri Check out my travels and experiences: Spain (Camino completed - adding pictures now):http://mi-viaje-a-santiago.blogspot.com/