[Gocamino] Camino deaths

Ana Young ayoung2001 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 21:46:09 PDT 2007

--- Janet Burgos <sigburgos at gmail.com> wrote:

And, there is no
> rule that says you can not
> send your pack on ahead,

I couldn't agree more with this. There's a lot of
argument right now equating pilgrims who send their
packs on to the large groups of non-pilgrims who walk
with a vehicle, then crowd the albergues. I don't
consider them the same at all.

These groups of "turigrinos" with buses and vans are
almost always kids on cheap holiday. Pilgrims who
merely send their packs on to save on weight could be
anyone who feels they'd do better without it. The
backpack does not a pilgrim make. Many of these
pilgrims are older, have back problems or other
problems that not having all that weight would help
mitigate.

So do the pilgrimage with a full heart, take your
time, go as slow as you wish or have time for, savor
all in front of you, and reach your destination with
love and joy.

Buen Camino,
Ana

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!   http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7