[Gocamino] (no subject)

Roy Draggoo draggoo.r at mail.wsd.wednet.edu
Thu May 3 15:16:48 PDT 2007

Marcus,
As you know, anyone traveling overseas should make it a first priority
of speaking with their physician about proper care of themselves
outside their home country.  Additional information about medical care
in the country to which one is going is up to the individual making the
trip. That said, adequate training and attention to detail should limit
many 'surprises' which will inevitably occur during the course of the
journey. My primary concern is the same as yours; maintaining the
efficacy of the insulin I need to survive. I know the shelf life of
non-refrigerated sealed/unsealed insulin and have solved the problem by
packing my vials in the bottom pocket of my hydration bladder. They
will remain cool enough. Blood sugars?  test-test-test. I have no
intention of finding myself in an uncompromising position during my
trek. Thank you for the information!
Buen Camino
Roy